Yellow nails are the problem that many people get trouble with. It can happen at anyone, both men and women and make your hand become ugly. The main reason of the problem is the pigment from nail polish. This chemical agent, especially darker shades, can stain the nails into yellow nails.
Thus, if you want to protect your fingernails against this condition, don’t forget to apply base coat when painting your nails. In case you have yellow nails, here are 5 effective tips on how to treat yellow nails being really good for you.
Lemon is an effectively bleaching agent which you can use to wipe out totally yellow stains on your nails. Moreover, due to antibacterial and antifungal ingredients from lemon, this fruit also have ability to fight against any type of infections, particularly fungal infections.
There are 2 usages for this treatment. You can choose ones of them.
- Prepare ½ bowl of fresh lemon juice.
- Soak your nails stained in this liquid for about 10-15 minutes.
- Scrub your nails by a soft toothbrush to get rid of nail discoloration
- Then, use warm water to clean your nails again and apply moisturizer on them.
- Repeat 2 times each day in several weeks for best result.
- Add a little essential oil into a shallow bowl of water.
- Soak your fingernails under the liquid for some minutes.
- Use a soft toothbrush to scrub the nails
- Repeat twice every day in some weeks.
- Whitening toothpaste
A medical agent named hydrogen peroxide from whitening toothpaste make the toothpaste become an effective option in the list of tips on how to get rid of yellow nails. Thus, the toothpaste can remove stains and make your yellow nails whiten and brighten.
- Apply a light layer of whitening toothpaste on your nails.
- Leave it on for 5-10 minutes.
- Use cotton balls to clean off the nails with warm water.
- Repeat 2-3 times every day in 1 month to get desired result.
- Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical agent which doesn’t only prevent against your nails from infection, but also help them whiten and get out of any stains. As a result, this is a successful treatment on how to reject yellow nails.
When applying this remedy, remember to use less than 3% concentration of the liquid.
How to use:
- Add 3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide to 1 and ½ cup of warm water.
- Soak your hands under the paste and leave it for about 15 minutes.
- Take your hands out the bowl and use a soft brush to scrub gently
- Clear off your hands with warm water after you are done.
- Denture cleaning tablets
Denture cleaning tablets is also an effective treatment for yellow nails. There are 2 ingredients from denture cleaning tablets named citric acid and sodium bicarbonate. They have function of rejecting any stains on the yellow nails.
How to use:
- Add 2-3 denture cleaning tablets into a bowl fulfilled by warm water.
- Soak your fingertips under the paste for about 15 minutes.
- Apply moisturizing lotion on your hands after they ‘re totally dried out
- Repeat 3 times weekly for 1 or 2 months
Those are 4 tips on how to get rid of yellow nails that work wonder. All of them are simple and bring considerable promotion for your state. Let’s choose the best suitable remedy for yellow nails to apply. And don’t forget use base coat before painting your nails to protect your fingernails.