Fashion evolves every season. Your pleated skirts may not last till the next year collection, and just like that, we have so many pieces to add and remove from our wardrobe every few months. If you want to be stylish but of course stay within your budget then you have some tough choices to make. Your wardrobes should be the first place to reflect the weather changes. While it might seem like a lot of work and too much investment, there are always simple ways to revamp your existing closet to accommodate the changing seasons. You don’t always have to rebuild your closest from scratch to match the trend. Rejuvenate a few classy pieces you own, and you can be ready to rock the season’s best looks without cutting a hole in your pocket.
The fall season is a time to bring in the soft and subtle looks in your clothes. The flowy patterns and mild textures are such constants for the season. From your everyday fitness apparel to gowns, everything needs a touch of the palette and styles of the season. And if you decide to revamp your closest for the coming fall, then here are five tips to help you do so.
1. Go bold with colour choices: If you want to stick by the rules and comply with the colour palettes of the season, you will be stuck with hardly anything to wear. Also, it would be hard to stand out if you choose the top colours of the season. Instead, mix the colour plates and do your experiments to come up with new combinations. Do not restrict your range to comfortable colours. Add one colour from the season palette and pair it with a bold, complementary piece. You can choose colours from other seasons to portray an elegant look. Use these colours to make your outfit look stylish and charming. Take inspiration from the patterns and textures of the season and try to reflect them in the colours you choose. This way you add subtle clues of the season without having to buy all new clothes. Also, unusual combinations you can create from your wardrobe will be a bold look that stands out, compared to the regular styles of the fall season.
2. Follow the capsule wardrobe system: Creating the best outfits can be easier with simple pieces that are easy to pair. Always have a few classy and neutral pieces that can be paired with at least 2 other elements from your wardrobe. Your day to day wear clothes must be able to match with more than just a pair of jeans or skirts. This way you can create lovely and unique looks every time you wear. A mandatory piece to hold in the fall is the scarf. It can also be the element that can help you gather a new outfit with the same clothes. It can also be paired well with most outfits in your wardrobe including T-shirts, jackets, dresses, blouse. So, choose the colours and designs wisely to make it a common piece in your closet. Similarly, your jeans, trench coats, turtlenecks, blouse should be adaptable to creating more than just one look. These staples for the fall can help you get through the season with your fashion game on point.
3. Bring in all the shimmer and leather: There is nothing called too much shimmer. And just like that, there is no right time to flaunt some fabulous shimmer pieces either. But fall is a more comfortable time (weather-wise) to go all out and take chance with new fabrics. The fall palette will look gorgeous in fabrics such as leather, rayon and you can take this chance to try out some lovely outfits with them. You can go all out and choose a gorgeous sequin dress or pick an elegant blouse to go with your sexy leather skirt. Either way, you can show off the lovely textures and elegance of these fabrics through your outfit. You can also pair sequin skirts with cardigans or sweaters for a unique and chic look. Reinvent fabrics such as corduroy into your closet. The fabric has a comfortable and classy texture, and in rich colours such as burgundy, mustard, teal the pieces could give you extraordinary style. You can choose jackets for your dresses, slim trousers or a pinafore dress in corduroy to complete your outfit.
4. Don’t underestimate the power of accessories: Accessories can help elevate the beauty of even the simplest outfit you create. It helps accentuate areas such as neckline, sleeves, ankles and complete the look with elements such as sling bags. Your fall wardrobe is never completely ready unless you embed these amazing accessories into your outfit. Starting from belts, look for thin and simple styles you can use both with your pants as well as dresses. Fall is the time for flares. So, utilize these belts to give shape at your waistline to let the bottom flare. When it comes to bags, the trick is to compliment your look but keep it from overdoing. So, look for sling bags, clutches or totes that will go well with your fall look. You can introduce leather and sequins through your accessories too.
There is no better way to complete your look without adding the perfect pair of footwear. Fall collections usually go well with ankle boots or knee-length boots. You can use them with both pants as well as skirt outfits. If you need to add heels, then go for small ones like kitten or block, rather than pumps and stilettos. Prefer using ballerinas as they match the fall vibe well. You can also add small jewellery such as rings, hoop earrings, chokers preferably in metal to match the overall look.
5. Watch your pants and jackets: Trousers and jackets are fall essentials. You can rock any look by pairing them right. Denim dominates the fall and hence invest in excellent styles. The high waist is a must to flaunt them with your crop tops. You can add a denim or leather jacket to it to complete the look. You can also try ripped jeans with basic t-shirts or cardigans and sweaters. Denim also gives you the chance to layer and create unique looks. So, include accessories, shrugs, cardigans, scarfs to your outfit. Try to go for ankle-length trousers to match them well with ankle boots. You can also go for sequin or lace embed in denim jackets and use them with your neutral t-shirts or blouse. Trench coats are yet another essential piece to include in your closet. The coats are dramatic and stylish and look for petite sizes to make sure it doesn’t bury the rest of the outfit. The dress with tights is also a great look for fall. Look for patterns and printed tights to elevate the overall look.
The fall season is also time to get your prints game on. You can go for subtle textures or block prints. Floral can also go well with your wardrobe, and you can use denim to give it depth. Remember reinventing your wardrobe does not always have to be about going on a shopping rage buying everything new. You can revamp the classics from your closet and give it some styling to suit the season. This way you can rock the best looks of the season in style.