Massage therapy is rising in demand and popularity as the time is passing by. It is considered as a mainstream treatment option today. This type of therapy includes practical techniques to increase blood circulation, relieve tension, lessen stress, relieve anxiety, ameliorate sleep, and promote relaxation throughout the whole body. Massage therapy is worth exploring if the person is tensed or injured. Here are 7 benefits of massage therapy:
- Message Therapy is Relaxing: If the body is tensed and under stress, then it gives birth to unhealthy levels of the well-known stress hormone, cortisol, which may contribute to weight gain, sleeplessness, problems in digestion, and headaches. Massage therapy decreases the levels of cortisol in the body. Moreover, it also triggers lasting feeling of relaxation, improved mood, and cut down stress levels.
- Message Therapy Reduces Stress: Massage therapy cannot only relieve stress, but regular massage sessions over a long period of time can boost energy levels, minimize pain, and stimulate individuals on physical as well as emotional levels.
- Massage Therapy Lowers Blood Pressure: Research has found that regular massage therapy sessions reduce blood pressure. Some long term studies suggest that massage therapy can reduce both systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Lower blood pressure levels reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack, and kidney failure.
- Massage Therapy is Relaxing for the Muscles: The main purpose of massage therapy is to target the source of the body pain by eradicating tense muscles, augmenting flexibility, and providing relaxation to the hurt muscles as well as the body as a whole. Massage promotes blood circulation to the injured muscles, which increases nutrients and oxygen to the damaged tissues. Massage therapy reduces stiffness and swelling in the muscles and joints, as well as increases flexibility to help minimize ache. It releases pain killing hormones, which heal the body pain.
- Massage Therapy Improves Blood Circulation: You cannot underestimate the long-term benefits of message therapy. Improved blood circulation is part of a snowball effect (a situation in which something augments in size or importance at a faster rate) that occur in the body as a result of receiving regular massage therapy. Rich blood supply to damaged, stiff, and tense muscles promote healing to the different parts of the body. The squeezing, twisting, and pulling action of the massage also gets rid of lactic acid from the muscle tissues. As a result, this action ameliorates the lymph fluid circulation, which takes metabolic waste products from internal organs and muscles; this lowers blood pressure levels and improve overall bodily functions.
- Massage Therapy Ameliorates Posture: Many Americans suffer from back, neck, and muscle pain, and the primary cause of this pain is a poor posture. Chronic back pain is the major reason of absence of people from work, and poor posture while standing or sitting is the cause of chronic back pain. Being overweight, repetitive movements, in addition to poor posture contribute to the strain on the back. Additional strain often causes spasms, pain, and tense muscles in the hips, glutes, back, neck, and legs. Massage therapy can aid your body back into proper alignment. In reality, ameliorating one’s posture can be one of the most beneficial and relaxing aspects of message therapy. Massage therapy help the body to position itself in an organic and pain-free posture. The body’s muscles are loosened and relaxed, if the body consistently experiences massage therapy. Joints experience greater freedom, flexibility, and range of motion if they undergo massage therapy. In simple words, massage therapy aids to rectify the positions and movements developed over time as a reaction to pain.
- Massage Therapy Strengthen the Immune System of a Body: Relentless massage sessions provide many benefits to the human body. It is a known fact that individuals who experience high levels of stress are more susceptible to illness and injury. Body immune system gets affected when stress is joined with sleep disturbances and poor nutrition. You may be wondering: How massage therapy benefits the immune system? A regular massage session not only decrease stress, but also improves cytotoxic capacity of the immune system, and enhances the body’s ability to deliver nourishment. Massage therapy can be a great addition to an exercise program, because it has wonderful benefits. In other words, massage therapy keep the immune system robust and resilient.
Author Bio: Taylor Wilson is a Massage Therapist and book writer and work for Assignment Writing Service. She has wrote hundreds of article on different topic.