Healthy teeth and gums mean healthy you. Studies have long established a link between oral health and overall physical wellbeing. In fact, researchers have shown how poor oral hygiene could lead to problems as severe as diabetes, dementia, respiratory infections and in worst cases, strokes. It’s therefore natural to give more focus to teeth and gums that you otherwise do. The best thing, it’s also possible to keep your teeth and gums naturally even without consulting a top dentist Middle Village. There are many home remedies and methods you can use to maintain a better oral health and enjoy life in life.
Here are some of tips to take care of your teeth and gums naturally –
- Brush and floss with care – If your brush daily and floss regularly, your dental health is likely to stay free of problems. Make sure you brush twice a day, do it gently and thoroughly, use soft-bristled toothbrush and reach to all corners of the mouth. Use only a fluoride-containing toothpaste and use back-and-forth strokes and zig-zag patterns to clean out foods, plaque and bacteria. Similarly, floss between the teeth daily so that you throw out all those things brushing can’t. Flossing can greatly minimize risks of gum disease as it takes away plaque-causing bacteria.
- Clean your tongue daily and rinse mouth after every meal – Gum diseases are more likely to strike those people who don’t clean their tongues daily. The tongue surface is where the most of bacteria reside and if not scraped or cleaned, they can enter the oral cavity and cause risks to other body parts as well. Your teeth can weaken, and gums swell if you are not into the habit of cleaning the tongue daily. Similarly, make sure you rinse the mouth after every meal so that leftover foods don’t allow any build-up of plaque, which can combine with the bacteria and form acids.
- Drink plenty of water daily – You can drink lots of water daily and stay on the right side of your dental health. Water can help you in many ways when it comes to maintaining oral health. First, it keeps you hydrated, flushes away leftover foods, plaque and bacteria from mouth, and provide the teeth and gums key minerals like fluoride. It also helps neutralize the acidic contents or acid effects some foods can cause. So, there will be less risk of enamel erosion as well. More importantly, drinking 10 to 12 glasses of water, as dentists advise, can keep away the problem of bad breath.
- Oil Pull – Oil pulling is a very effective method of keeping your teeth and gums healthy. In fact, it’s also helpful to achieving overall health by removing toxins out of the body. This ancient technique is key to keeping the mouth disease-free and healthy. You can use either coconut or sesame oil for pulling and in the process, whiten your teeth and keep the gums healthy. The method is simple – just a take a tablespoon of oil in the mouth, swish it around for 10 minutes at least and then spit it out. Now rinse the mouth with warm water and brush the way you daily.
- Use neem as mouthwash– You can trust the goodness of neem which is central to age-old ayurvedic remedy and maintain a better oral health. This plan is known for strong antibacterial properties, so its use is linked to benefits to teeth and gums alike. People in Indian villages use neem twig to brush their teeth and the results are always more than effective. You can also use it as a mouthwash and kill all the germs and bacteria that cause problems to gums. In fact, studies have shown how using neem as a mouthwash can help reduce plaque and control gingivitis.
- Drink Herbal Tea and rely on herbs & spice – Dentists recommend herbal tea for fighting off plaque build in the mouth. You can also rely on herbal team to keeping plaque from developing, which can help maintain a better dental health. Similarly, you can benefit from herbs and spices, use them regularly to keep the risk of oral infections away. Many herbs like clove, aloe Vera, turmeric etc. pack anti-bacterial properties you can keep your teeth and gums away from the risk of infections.
- Use Vitamin C in diet – Any top dentist Middle Village could tell how the use of Vitamin C in regular diet can protect your gum health. More so, not giving the body this essential vitamin can increase the risk of periodontal diseases. So, include fruits like oranges, mango, papaya, grapefruit, broccoli etc. and stay on top of your oral health. If the diet is not balanced, there will always be a risk of oral problems and you must always understand that well.