Your smile is one of the greatest assets that you have and that is why you should try your best to retain it. After all, it is the first thing that people notice in you. It is for this reason that more and more people are opting for dental implants that will help to smile with confidence whenever you want.
But in order to get the best results there are some aftercare tips that you need to abide by. These are quite simple and do not call for complicated techniques or heavy investments. Just read on.
- Until the local anaesthetic has worn off, you should only have cold drinks. Do not swill liquid over that area and avoid hot drinks and food for the first day. You should not use fingers or tongue for disturbing the area. You should also not undertake vigorous exercise for the first 48 hours.
- Following your treatment you may have certain swelling and bruising. This usually reaches its peak about a couple of days later. This is quite normal and it will subside in a natural way after a few days. You can reduce the swelling with ice packs wrapped in towel.
You should hold on the cheek area for about ten minutes and then go for a break of twenty minutes. After a day, gentle heat is quite beneficial. If you sleep propped up on two or three pillows then that can also help.
- Pain is not a huge problem. Nevertheless, you may feel sore for a few days after any surgery in the mouth. But this can be easily managed with painkillers. For the first two days after the surgery you should take them at the maximum stated dose. You should take whatever pain killers that you want to take for aches, headaches as well as sprains. In this case ibuprofen and Paracetamol make a great combination. Be careful and take the first dose only after the local anaesthetic has completely worn off.
- If there is increasing pain then you should return to the dental office as soon as possible. This will let the dentists check whether there is any kind of infection that is developing.
- The stitches are easily dissolvable but often they remain around for a couple of weeks or maximum three weeks. If they are annoying or uncomfortable you may contact the dentist to remove them.
- If you have dentures that cover the surgical area, you should wear it as little as possible for the first week for protecting the surgical sites during the initial period of healing. Also you should remember to put the dentures out at night.
- It is normal to have minor bleeding after the surgery in the mouth. If this goes on, then you should apply pressure on that area by biting down on a dampened clean handkerchief or gauze swab for sixty minutes while sitting upright. You should contact the dentists if the bleeding persists after the application of the pressure this way.
- If you are prescribed a course of anti-biotic after the surgery please ensure that you complete the course.
Apart from the above you should also think about how to go about cleaning once you have opted for the dental implants in Delhi. This is because the success of the oral surgery depend on how much you can keep your mouth clean. Avoid brushing the surgical site for the first few days and also try to keep the food away from the area by rinsing after each meal. Hot salt mouthwashes are quite beneficial for healing after the surgery. You should refrain from smoking until the complete healing of the wound. All these will ensure that you get the true value of your investment and flaunt your pearly whites whenever you want.