SEO strategy becomes effective only when all the actionsit involves aim to significantly improve the overall brand optimization. So, are you in quest of 2018 SEO strategy tactics that really work? Or want to shape your business into brands with strategies that can get you on top?
On the basis thereof, determine your business ranking in search engines. Nevertheless, follow these three primary strategic SEO trade-offs before taking important decisions for your brand.
Traffic vs. Relevance
Increasingly, it’s getting harder to convince Google that your content has a great relevance to what people are searching for. Now you might be thinking that is it relevance? Answer to your thoughts is yes!
It has an essential role to help google decide relevance to the traffic for a given search term.
In point of fact, any SEO strategy that doesn’t factor relevance is imperfect. It’s like getting traffic from the user agent who is not interested in your product at all. Rather, it’s a weak practice to introduce your services and products to irrelevant traffic.
Therefore, it is recommended to bring your product in front of those eyes who are interested and looking for your products online.
Consider the following that you can implement in your new SEO strategy game plan to beat your competitors in a long run.
Pros of High Traffic
- One of the highly followed tactic is to earn the natural links from higher number of visitors and convert them into customers. Being said that, higher traffic earned means higher chances of earning links.
- Higher traffic do not always refer to people who are interested in your products. It might be possible that they have heard about your product from non-interested visitors. There is possibility that your product isshared via social sharing, word of mouth or influencer.
- Similarly, higher traffic volume gives significant statistic results with SEO experiments and A/B tests.
- More traffic can bring up more number of relevant visits. Thus, irrespective of lower proportion of relevant visits, total number of website visits can be increased ultimately.
- In most of the unpredictable ways, high traffic strategies can reach people who are further up to sales funnel.
Cons of High Traffic Approach and Low Relevancy Approach
For instance, if you have achieved high traffic and low relevancy approach successfully, then you may see some disadvantages along with it.
- Note: high traffic keywords are highly competitive, even when their relevancy is low. However, easiest keywords are limited to specific potential traffic and audiences who are actually searching for your product.
- Moreover, high traffic and low relevancy approach gives you a poor conversion rate. It will ultimately limit the immediate financial worth of your high traffic SEO game plan and that’s a huge loss.
- Above this, if you will chase numeral high traffic topics, then it might cynical or dilute your brand’s message.
Pros of Low Traffic Approach and High Relevancy
Every business main focus is on lead generation. So, here comes the point of your interest.
- High relevancy with low traffic approach can bring much higher conversion rates for lead generation and sales. Provided that Cape Cod SEO strategy is implied.
- What more you can do is “target the less competitive keywords”. Because targeted planning has a great impact on the online visitors. These visitors are the one who are most likely to buy your product. Thus, leading to a stronger brand association and more enthusiastic brand advocates.
- Last but not the least, low traffic approach with high relevancy offers you to use more relevant natural anchor text in your links; earned links most probably.
Cons of Low Traffic and High Relevancy Approach
- As said earlier, high relevancy keywords can be as competitive as high traffic keywords are, only if they have higher conversion rate. Dictating that high product relevance does not indicates high audience relevance.
- Without alienation of existing audience, you can’t scale your high relevancy strategies.
- Focusing on particular set of topics will limit your brand’s perception shortly.
Consumer vs. Influencer
It’s obvious thatSEO strategy will bring you a targeted audience who will ultimately buy your products.
But for this, you’ve to consider the influencers who have power to link your brand to broader audience by sharing your content, product images, products descriptions etc.
Be clear, either you are writing for specific industry, multiple industries, or for people of particular set of interests. It’s because much of what applies on consumer, ultimately applies to the businesses i.e. clients. On the other hand, influencer fall in a category as a leaders of your industry and your clients industry.
Pros of Industry Targeted Approach and Influencer
- If you are writing for journalists and bloggers, then this strategy will help you earn most authoritative links. As these are the people who fortunately own authoritative sites and cite their sources. You can also take advice from any Cape Cod SEO strategist to streamline your content that targets these people.
- Similarly produce content that results in sharing social networks.
Cons of Influencer Approach
- It is commonly found that influencers who can reach your audiences and businesses are also working for your competitors that can bring you a major short coming.
- Industry focused content strategy sometimes don’t attract customers.
Pros of Interest-Focused Approach and Consumer
- More down-to-earth visibility is achieved when you are writing for consumers who buy your products.
- Preferring indirect or direct impact on your potential consumer life can give you more sales, as they are more likely to trust your brand and its products.
Cons of Consumer Approach
- Consumer focused content is worthless, if they rarely control platforms with followed links. Hence, they can hardly connect you to larger audience of your interest.
Trending vs. Evergreen
Evergreen content differs from trending content SEO strategy, where investing in one content type means investing less in the other. So, you should consider right balance between them. Here are some points you can follow;
Pros of Trending Topics Content
- Although, focusing on these topics helps you to be active part of ongoing conversations. It will help your business SEO grow exponentially either in form in earned links or engagements.
- Being hundred steps ahead of your competitor in these topics can give you overtake above them. Thus, giving you a better chance of ranking in Google Search Engine against your competitors.
Cons of Trending Topics Content
- Trending topics rarely gives you a long term traffic.
Pros Evergreen Content Topics
- This type of content continues earning traffic every month by producing new content.
- Since your products are to solve the problems of visitors, it continues to exist. There is more often direct connection between sales and evergreen content.
Cons of Evergreen Content Topics
- While on the other hand, it might be possible others already have covered the topics making it difficult to overtake the competitors ranking on search engine. It needs to be more comprehensive, in-depth and well produced.
Irrespective of every business own SEO strategy, these three SEO trade-off can have a huge impact in your brand optimization locally and globally.