A certificate that is issued to a car by an automobile service centre which is authorized is known as the Roadworthy Certificate. This is a certificate given to a car after the inspection of its fitness. Nobody is permitted to drive a car which is damaged because it might be risky not only for your wellbeing but also might prove hazardous for the wellbeing of the public on the streets. It could even cause some damage to public properties. This is a regulation and the rules for safety in road set by the state. This is the reason why a Roadworthy certificate is necessary and that too from an authorized centre of automobiles. This certificate could be provided to traffic guard when required.
The certificate is one of the vital documents that are needed if you plan to sell off your car to somebody else. This certificate is compulsory during the time of transfer of name of the car. The certificate highlights the problems that the car had faced previously but it also ensures that there are no further glitches and is fit to be used.
Procedure of Availing A Roadworthy Inspection Certificate.
Do your research of a license holder who is authorised to certify your car. The vehicle then goes under an inspection process after the owners of the car or the drivers complete the application process for the roadworthy certificate.
What Is the Necessity of Roadworthy Inspection for Your Car?
It is very essential to have a roadworthy inspection certificate issued by licensed and authorized mechanics because of the following reasons.
- Purchasing a car –When you buy a second-hand car for yourself it is most important to transfer the name of the car. It should be done at the earliest. To be the legal owner of a car it is necessary that you have a roadworthy certificate.
- Registration of the car – The most vital step to drive the car legally on road is to register your car, but it is only possible if there is a roadworthy or fitness certificate issued to the car. You should not forget to take a roadworthy certificate when you visit the transport office for registration of your car.
- Remark of safety – The roadworthy inspection certificate makes it sure that the car safe to drive. Safety is of prime importance, as the person who is behind the wheels has the responsibility of not only the co riders but also the general public on the roads. . As the certificate is issued by an authorized mechanic who is a license holder marks the safety parameters of the car.
The above are some of the crucial reasons on why it is essential to have a roadworthy certificate for your car.
Advantages of Roadworthy Inspection
The state government of every state had set the regulation and norm for roadworthy inspection to ensure that a particular vehicle is fit and trouble free to be driven officially on road. To achieve this position a car needs to be in a proper condition so that it does not cause any harm to the owner or the driver.
- The inspection is the only prove that the car and the other parts of the vehicle are in good condition.
- The inspection proves that there is no existence of any leakage in the fuel tank of the car.
The certificate is issued after a week’s time;thus, the inspection process is thorough and perfectly done.