Freight transport has many challenges. So it’s crucial for companies to develop contingency plans in order to solve them.
It won’t be wrong to mention that any service belonging to an economic sector has a SWOT matrix with significant threats as well as weaknesses. Perhaps that’s the reason why it’s good to eliminate them in the initial stage. Logistics is essential for all companies, taking care that the products are in adequate-quantity, with the required quality and the opportunity demanded by the consumers.
When this process is done without errors, the time and cost are optimized for companies in a significant manner, making them more competitive and improving their overall performance. Since there are a lot of things involved in the freight forwarding mania, one just can’t skip the industry challenges. Many of these are easily solved today, and while we cannot aspire to a margin of error of 0% in all processes. It is possible to approach perfection by developing the right strategies for the route and this entire process.
It is not necessary to reinvent the wheel. But you can eliminate almost all of these challenges simply by following common strategies. So let’s dive in;
Errors with Documentation
Even though dealing with the shipping documentation can be a bit dry and overwhelming, you still can’t be careless with even the minor details of it. Perhaps it’ll be no less than a challenge to deal with procedures & documentation like Internal Tax Services, Customs, Insurers, Banks, Agricultural and Livestock Services, etc.
These are actually the fundamental elements in the proper development of a logistics process. And that’s the reason why carelessness in any of these detail would lead to loss of time & money. So make sure you always watch your documentary process is done well as well as correlated with the physical process to ensure the reliable cargo services to the client.
Delays & Road Accidents
As per statistics, Argentina had about 5,000 road accidents per year. Unquestionably, one or more of them can be expected to get in the way of the drivers. This delay generates not only the discomfort for the customer but also the driver himself. In this regard, some national and international freight transport companies have preferred:
- Creating night-tours is inevitably a better option improve the overall journey. For that, the company should ensure the flexible work schedules, rest times and location of safe stops for the driver.
- It’s essential to have intelligent integrated GPS, with traffic status on the route, accident alerts and alternative routes.
- Driver training to make a correct report of eventualities that helps to plan other potential members and develop KPIs for greater effectiveness.
Rotation of Transporters’ Shifts
Working as a transporter is not an easy task. Not only are the schedules demanding, but in many cases, the lack of trained personnel generates last-minute changes in the shifts, communication failures and perhaps lack of training to handle as well. These are some of the constant challenges that can be found in the business, and for this it is necessary:
- Make sure you perform regular training and make the right investment in training & recruiting new prospects.
- Develop health plans, acquisition of new equipment with correct aerodynamic trends and establish a plan for constant supervision of drivers.
- Sometimes, it’s good to hire a 3PL capable of standardizing those mentioned above, with software that allows full control over the driver and the activities he performs.
Vehicles Traceability & Timely Deliveries
It is critical to understand that, within the world of the supply chain, transport and logistics, companies must have in-depth knowledge of all the components that make the operation of all their freight vehicles more efficient and have control over the total concept of the time of maximum use of the trucks of daily use.
Perhaps that’s the reason why it’s imperative to establish control of operation costs, reduction of downtime, security focused on fleets and freight transport systems while offering the mechanisms that guarantee the timely delivery.