Moving is a lengthy process and it cannot be completed without a checklist. It is always best to list down everything so that nothing is left behind. Although you can always get the help of best moving company Ottawa, listing down yourself is always better. Before they come and take over the process, you need to do the background work. Here is the checklist you can utilize to make the process effective:
Table of Contents
Two months before the big day:
Once you have planned to move to a new place, you need to work on it way before than the actual day. The best way to do this to prepare yourself before the time. Here are some points you need to look for when you still have two months before the moving day:
- Start finding the best Ottawa Movers around you. You need to go through a detailed research process in order to find the right moving company Ottawa. Jot down the list of the best Ottawa Movers and then select the one that best suits your requirements.
- Plan to take some days off from the work
- Make arrangement for the children
- Look if your new home still needs some changes
One month before moving:
The list of work done when you have one day before the whole moving process is explained below:
- Identify the items that require a lot of effort. This include furniture and other larger belongings of yours.
- If there are kids in your house, you need to make sure that they are well-aware of what is happening. They must be informed about the whole process.
- Confirm your appointment with affordable movers in Ottawa.
Week before moving:
- Provide people around you with your updated personal information i.e. your new address and contact number.
- Confirm all the arrangements.
- If you are moving to another state, make sure that your tickets and other travelling things are ready.
- Create a moving day bag for you and your family that contains all the required stuff.
The day before moving:
- Disconnect all the electrical appliances and make sure that nothing is left behind.
- Pack all the small belongings in the bag or box.
- Make sure you have done everything and prepared for the morning.
- Have a final look on the closets and other drawers of the house.
- If you are living in a rented house, call the landlord and ask them to check the house. This will save your time on the moving day.
The above checklist will help you in every possible way to make this process a success. Do consider getting the services of affordable movers in Ottawa.