Your home is your biggest investment. Home ownership requires regular maintenance. It may appear to be a daunting task with full responsibility but will help you save money, lower bills, and keep your appliances running smoothly. Routine maintenance is important to keep your house clean and well-maintained and can thwart a number of expensive problems. Smoothly navigate the upkeep and well-being of your home with a maintenance checklist all year long to keep the machinery of your home well-oiled and efficiently running.
Ways of Home Maintenance
- Check your pipes for leaks. Check faucets for drips and flapper in the toilet. Call a plumber if you find signs of leaks.
- Clear your pipes – Keep your plumbing and garbage disposal safe from grease, egg shells, bones and pits, peelings, rice, pasts, stringy vegetables to avoid clogging. You must avoid putting these down your drain as it can cause plumbing nightmare. Clean your pipes and if you find sediment in your pipes, descale them by calling the best home cleaning services.
- Clean showerheads and taps – To keep your taps and showerheads last longer, you need to check for sediments and hard water deposits. They often block the flow of water and you can use vinegar to clean your showerhead. By cleaning the aerators in your sink, you can improve the water flow.
- Clean caulk and recaulk tubs and sinks- If you notice caulk in your tubs and sink, you can remove them and recaulk to keep your plumbing more secure and lasting longer.
- It is important to periodically inspect the washers on your hose and faucets to prevent dripping or leaking. If needed you need to replace them.
- Maintain drains by pouring boiling water down them.
Refrigerator – Make sure your refrigerator door seals air tight. Clean the drain pan in your frost free refrigerator. Vacuum refrigerator coils.
Air Conditioner – Change your AC filter. Clean dirt and dust from around the AC compressor. Once a year get your AC serviced by a professional. They will clean your condenser coils, get filters replaced, and check your refrigerant levels, thermostat and condensation lines.
Water Heater – Drain water heater and check pressure valve. Flush water heater to remove sediment from the bottom of the tank to ensure the tank lasts longer and heats up water easier. Replace the anode rod if necessary. You can call a professional once a year to inspect your water heater.
Kitchen and Bathroom Cabinets – Clean your kitchen and bathroom cabinets every month and throw away outdated and unwanted clutter.
Kitchen Exhaust Fan – Clean kitchen exhaust fan filter and fan blades.
Pest control – Keep your home clean in order to avoid the entry of pests. You need to check for pests both in winter and summer months. You can avail the services of best pest control companies for a home inspection to assess the situation.
Vacuum – Dust blinds and vacuum curtains throughout your house. Vacuum your carpet with a powerful vacuum cleaner at least once a week. Once a year give your carpet a professional cleaning.
Ceiling Fan – Clean ceiling fans using a duster or a wet cloth once a month. Avail best cleaning services for all your home maintenance if you find it hard to do the chores and having no time for them.