AKTU is one of the biggest university that is named after the late Former President Dr A P J Abdul Kalam. Previously, it was known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University. However, when it comes to AKTU, then there are so many aspects that one might not be aware of. Apart from, b.tech AKTU admission, it has a major part in the career placement for technical students. The university visualized to facilitate and nurture quality technical education and research in its own premises as well as all affiliated institutions. AKTU have always been under the radar of the students so it is the time to know about it.
So, let us know some of the major facts surrounding AKTU.
- It is one of the biggest University in Asia that works on a technical basis. There are more than 800 colleges across Uttar Pradesh that come under the affiliation of AKTU. On top of that, there are more than 80,000 students that take admissions in the university annually in different courses.
- Apart from this, there are approximately 5 zonal divisions that are done for this college. It allows an individual to get into UPTU on a better aspect. Each of the zonal division has 150 to 160 colleges in it that reside as per the locations.
- It was formerly known as UPTU. This UPTU was divided into GBTU – Gautam Buddh Technical University and MTU – Mahamaya Technical University. However, this usually becomes the reason of confusion for the students and at last, GBTU and MTU merged back into a single component of UPTU, the university with the maximum number of colleges affiliated to it, in India. This was later on renamed as AKTU (Abdul Kalam Technical University).
- AKTU might be the biggest university in Asia but it still has to include some of the major technical advancement to their study plan. It is essential for them to work on the plans and charts that show the working progress. There is no UPTU social media page that is handled by the university. However, there are few pages that are managed by the students.
- Another fact is that there are no premises of the AKTU that is handled by them only. They have an IET campus from where all the working scenario is handled by them in Lucknow. It seems like the strangest thing for people since their AKTU college ranking according to placement is one of the biggest. There are so many students that have completed or are completing their graduation under this university that don’t even have a campus. But even without a campus, AKTU has managed to remain at the top of the race.
- Students are getting enrolled in different programmes in the AKTU under different college. There are 300 colleges of B Tech, 98- Pharmacy, 12 BHMCT, 23 B Arch, 3 BFAD. 1 BFA, 429 MBA, 117 MCA, 86 M Tech, 60 M Pharm, 19 MAM, 1 MArh, etc. these colleges have the total capacity of 210885 students per year.
- The lectures for students are a serious ordeal and hence it is even reflected with their student’s plans and attendance record.