When it comes to moving, then there are a plethora of choices to choose from. It includes which builder to hire, which house to buy, and which furniture to move are some of the most challenging decisions. It is surprising to know that many people feel overwhelmed before they even start packing their boxes. Don’t stress and just relax; we are here to help you learn more about professionals and moving. It all depends on if you want to hire movers or move primarily based on one’s budget, proximity to your new home, the complexity of the move, and your personality. The majority of friends aren’t exactly the handy or heavy lifting types as simply unable to carry a couch physically and mattress down a flight of stairs.
Before making any decision or choice, you must look into some pros and cons:
Pros of moving yourself:
- Get complete control over your move- Experts say that one of the best pros to a DIY move is that you have complete control over the entire moving process. Additionally, you can handle all the boxes yourself to ensure that nothing breaks in the process and also choose the truck and all of your moving supplies. There is flexibility to decide when to begin the movie and when to end the film. All you have to do is select how best to protect your belongings if you move in bad weather.
- Save money- A DIY move is your best bet if you are on a tight budget. The expenses incurred from hiring a professional from a moving company that can quickly add up and exceed expectations, even if you are just relocating next door. Above all, you can save thousands if you are renting a thousand.
- Pack the way you want- you don’t have to worry about perfectly packing all of your belongings when preparing for a DIY move. Additionally, you don’t need to obsess over how to box up other items, like simple pillows and blankets.
Cons of moving yourself:
- Heavy lifting- One of the worst parts about a DIY move is that you will have to move everything yourself. Above all, lifting all these boxes is undoubtedly not a cakewalk or a walk in the park, and it is true if there are a lot of staircases to worry about. You can mark or scratch up the walls while lifting couches and beds down the stairs if you or some friends or loved ones are inexperienced movers. If you are moving to 1 BHK apartment, then DIY can be easy, but you need professionals if you are moving to a giant condo.
- Planning- No doubt, hiring a moving company also takes planning but coordinating an entire move yourself will take a lot of effort. Also, you need to figure out the logistics of getting your stuff from point A to point B.
- Unexpected problems arise- You are most likely to get out of luck if something unexpected happens, including your couch getting stuck in the door. You are most likely to end up wasting hours trying to fix the issue rather than relaxing on that bed inside your home without the assistance of professional movers and specific moving tools.
- You don’t lift anything- You can leave the heavy lifting to the professionals, and you won’t have to stress about lifting and carrying any of your heavy couches down the stairs and out the door. Also, don’t worry about straining muscles, scratching up new floors, or begging friends to help you with lifting.
- Efficiency- You can venture to say that your movers will be pretty reliable, assuming that you have hired a legitimate and experienced moving company. The moving company is under obligation or contract to assist with all agreed-upon aspects of the move, unlike your friends or family who can flake. You can also be saved from the not-so-fun task of gathering dollies and furniture pads at the last minute as the moving company should arrive on time with the appropriate moving supplies and equipment. Hence hiring a reputable relocation company saves the customer a lot of moving hours in the long run.
- Overall less stressful- Generally, hiring movers saves you from many of the everyday moving day stresses. The hiring help will also save you from having to maneuver a giant moving truck down the highway beside a moving company’s time-saving benefits. Additionally, the moving trucks are notoriously tricky and challenging to drive, and trailers aren’t much easier either. Experts highly recommend hiring movers to help if the idea of loading and driving a large moving truck stresses you out.
Cons of hiring movers:
- Less flexibility- You limit your own control over the move when you hire professional movers. It is not much you can do to change when and how you move from the date/time of pick-up to how the movers load your belongings. In worst of the worst cases, you might end up waiting for a long time or weeks for your moving truck to let you arrive if the relocation company has a plethora of stops along the way. Hiring a moving company or professional may not be your best bet for those who like to be in complete control.
- Expensive- Hiring a moving company is still going to cost you quite a few dollars, even if you are moving as close as down the street. You should hire a moving company only if your budget allows you to.
- Impersonal- You don’t personally know your movers. There are some changes, so handing over your precious belongings to complete strangers can be a bit nerve-racking. Hence it is pretty important to read reviews and check ratings before enlisting a moving company to help you with your relocation. We recommend hiring experts whom you know to prevent some scams. Above all, you need to ensure that the moving company performs either an in-person inspection or a video survey of the space before giving you a quote.