The journey from being a wife to a mother and a husband to a father is indeed beautiful. Becoming a parent is the best feeling ever! However, this new phase of life is also a flag-off of newer responsibilities.
From taking care of every need of your newborn baby to his health and well-being, there are a lot of things that need to be done right from the first day of the child’s birth. Taking a sturdy step to stay guarded against diseases is indeed one of the most important things. That’s why health insurance is what every parent should sign up for so as to easily handle the medical bills and secure the health of the new-born child.
Generally, there are very few policies available for newborn babies. But, there is nothing that you should be worried about. There are a lot of family floater policies like maternity plans that you can take advantage of to ensure the healthcare of your child. Now, you can also buy health insurance policy to deal with your child’s ill health.
With the right health insurance plans, families can not only face the trauma of having to deal with the complications but can also be able to bear the burden of hefty hospital bills. Most insurance plans are available only for a child above 90 days. This is because insurance companies are not ready to take a risk to cover a child below 90 days, since risks involved is higher in case of infants.
What to Check Before Choosing the Right Plan?
Health insurance policies for a child from the very first day of his/her birth are rare. But, a child can be eligible for health insurance once he/she completes 90 days from the day of birth. There are plenty of options to add a child to a health insurance policy in India.
Let’s take a look at the factors that you need to take into consideration before choosing a plan:
- Premium – Some insurance policies offer cover for newborn babies as a part of family health cover, and you are not required to pay extra for it. Others may have additional charges for covering the medical expenses for newborn.
- Coverage – Some insurances cover only vaccination-related bills while others include cover related to illness or congenital disorders. In short, the coverage may vary from insurer to insurer.
- Upgrades After 90 Days – Most insurance companies allow people to add their child into a floater policy after they complete 90 days. Make sure you choose the company that allows newborn to be included at earliest.
- Other Terms & Conditions – Some companies offer benefits when a newborn comes to your family. Make sure to go through the terms and conditions in a detailed manner.
Benefits of Claiming Health Insurance for Newborns
You might be thinking why to bother when you earn enough to cover the medical expenses of your child easily. However, you never know how high the medical bills can go. This is exactly where the following benefits will come to your rescue:
- The health of newborn remains secure
- Premiums are reasonable (if applicable)
- You can celebrate the birth of your child without any worries
- Overall medical expenses are minimized
These days, a lot of companies provide health insurance online that also cover newborn babies. By selecting an appropriate plan, you can easily get rid of all the worries related to your child’s health. You can easily focus on the betterment of his future without having to struggle for monetary aid in times of contingencies.