Issued to you by UIDAI, your Aadhaar card is becoming increasingly important as it clubs all vital information pertaining to you.The card comes with a QR code, and other details related to your identity, date of birth, and parent’s name.All in all, your Aadhaar card holds immense value and proves your identity as a citizen of India. However, before furnishing Aadhaar as a KYC document for a range of applications, including a personal loan, update all the information linked with it.
What Information Should be Updated?
Ideally, all information pertaining to your identity and demographics should be current. This means whenever you change your residence or mobile number, you need to update the same in your Aadhaar.
Since most applications today are validated using an OTP sent to your registered mobile number, your first question may be‘How to link mobile number to Aadhaar card online and offline?’But first, note that typically, link Aadhaar to mobile number is only done in two scenarios: when you’re registering your Aadhaar card with a phone number for the first timeor when you have to update your Aadhaar information because your phone number has changed.
Regardless of your reasons, take a look at the steps you can follow in order to update your mobile number.
Visit the Permanent Enrollment Centre
According to the guidelines, you cannot update or link your Aadhaar card with a mobile number online. Moreover, if you are already registered with Aadhaar and get a new mobile number, then too you must visit the enrolment centre.
First, visit https://uidai.gov.in and enter your state and pin code to get the list of enrolment centres near you. Based on your convenience, visit one of the centres and follow the steps listed below.
- Fill the form given to you with details such as your Aadhaar number, name, and mobile number
- Check the information before submitting the form. Then, at the counter provide biometric information to validate the registration request. This includes an iris scan and a fingerprint scan
- The operator will check your application and confirm the submission
- Collect the acknowledgement receipt and check it for the Update Request Number (URN)
- Use the URN to track your registration process on UIDAI’s online portal.
Verify your Mobile Number
After you get an intimation that the mobile linking has been successfully carried out, you can verify your registered mobile number. All you need to do is visit the official UIDAI portal and follow these steps.
- Locate the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab
- Click on ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’ under the ‘Aadhaar Services’ section
- You will then be prompted to enter personal details like your email ID/mobile number, Aadhaar number, and the security code
- Enter all the details and click on ‘Get OTP’
- Enter the one-time password in the relevant field
- Upon verification, you will be led to a page that has all your Aadhaar details on it
Keeping your Aadhaar information up to date is important because it is a vital KYC document.Further, you must also link your PAN with Aadhaar. This is necessary for tax filing and certain other financial transactions and services.
In fact, having your Aadhaar card is greatly beneficial when you apply for the loan such as personal loan, home loan etc as it serves as a primary e-KYC document and expedites loan processing. As a result, you get easier access to a loan of up to Rs.25 lakh and can have the amount disbursed to your account within a day of approval.