As the war for talent heats up, the competition to hire the best candidates is getting tougher by the day. To cut the competition you need clear winning strategies along with an army of talented and capable individuals who can become your trusted partner in the journey to execute those strategies.
As a business, you have to take many strategic decisions that can have long-term impact. One of the most crucial decisions in an organisation are those related to hiring people. You and your recruitment company should have clear understanding of your requirements, needs and the core purpose related to recruitment. This will enable you to take a measured decision of either working with a partner like a recruitment agency or investing in creating an in-house team.
Companies that want to move fast on the growth trajectory and are looking at expansions need quality staff at every level. As the organisation progresses, there is need to hire people for different roles, locations, requirements and skills. This calls for a fresh approach to hiring and staffing.
Traditional routes and methods of staffing would no longer be useful in your path to achieve success faster and in a sustainable manner.
Here are a few talent acquisition strategies that you can look at:
- Planning is the key: Plan your workforce-hiring model. Understand your requirements, the job market, the demand and supply challenges, and the trends in the labour market. Make a fool proof-hiring model. Hire a recruiting knowledge partner. Planning helps, you to do things first time right. It saves time and creates a positive impact on the candidates and aspirants. Your recruitment company can help you with what is trending in the market and help you in the planning process.
- Hire the right person at the right time: If you find someone who is highly capable, experienced, and looking for an opportunity, take him on board. A company is always in need to good people. Do not wait for a vacancy to pop up before you start looking for the right candidate. Grab the opportunity to create an army of talented people and use them at the right time for the right role.
- Involve your hiring team: Get the managers involved completely in the hiring process. Let your recruitment agencies know that you and your hiring managers take recruitment very seriously and would like to be personally involved in it. Let everyone become part of the recruiting process. Afterall, it is a long-term decision that can have business impact. If hiring managers were engaged in the process, the candidates would feel much more confident of accepting the offer. It also gives them a clear idea of the expectations the company and the hiring manager has from them.
- Give your candidates a good experience: Your candidates are your brand ambassadors. They give you an opportunity to create a positive word of mouth. It is important you give them a good hiring experience so that even if they are not hired, they still think positively about you. A candidate’s experience with the organisation where he is seeking a job is not just restricted to the organisation’s four walls. The experience is extended to every touch point like the first call made by someone in the employment agency, the screening process, the interview and the final offer letter. An image conscious organisation should pay equal attention to all the touch points to ensure that the candidate gets an experience that he will remember for a lifetime.
- Work-life enabled ecosystem: Flexible work conditions allow the job seekers to work as per convenient number of hours, times and place. The tech savvy next generation knows how to save travel time by connecting on skype, how to address queries of a colleague over a meeting at a coffee house and is willing to stretch work hours by working late evenings to avail some free time during the day. If all this can be achieved without compromising on the productivity and progress of a company then an organisation should be open to trying it.
It may not be always possible for an organisation to have insights into what are the best talent acquisition strategies today and what will be the trends of the future. It helps to collaborate with an able recruitment company to reap the benefits of their research and knowledge in the field.
When you create a robust hiring strategy listed above with full conviction and honesty, you are sure to have an employee working for you for a lifetime. Even when he leaves you, he will surely carry a very positive picture of the company with him and is sure to spread the good words about the organisation to others in the industry.
At Collabera we are not just another recruitment agency. We source the best talent for you. We work as your partner in becoming the employer of choice. We take care of fundamentals of hiring like reaching out to candidates, negotiating salary rates, setting career expectations, checking skill-sets and other hiring complexities. Besides these, we strive to become a collaborator who can advise you on strategic HR solutions and keep you ahead of your competitors.
Collabera has a highly dedicated, qualified and trained team of professionals who thoroughly understand various technologies and the needs of the clients. Our strength lies in identifying candidates with ideal blend of technical skills and relevant experience. Our years of experience and unmatched quality centric approach, can become your competitive advantage and help you realise your full business potential.
Collabera is one of the best global recruitment companies. It has more than 25 years of experience in supporting small, medium, and enterprise clients including Fortune 500 clients. Collabera has the team of experts who know everything about hiring candidates along with exposure to hiring and placing candidates in various geographies and skills. Be it technical or functional, Collabera ensures that the job seeker gets the perfect company in the least possible time and in the most efficient manner.